- 1 Official announcement – Thailand offers Free Visa on Arrival for Indians
- 2 Details of the Visa fee waiver scheme
- 3 Flights from India to Bangkok, Thailand
- 4 Documents required for Free Visa on arrival in Thailand
- 5 Get hotel confirmation without advance payment
Thailand’s free Visa on arrival to Indians is available only till 13 January 2019. This temporary visa fee waiver scheme started from 15 November 2018. However, a few media reports created confusion by mentioning the end date of this scheme was 31 January 2019. Here are the screenshots of the official website of the Thai Embassy in New Delhi related to this announcement.
Official announcement – Thailand offers Free Visa on Arrival for Indians
Link to the official announcement
Details of the Visa fee waiver scheme
Here are a few things which you must know if you are planning to avail the free visa on arrival for Thailand.
- This visa will be valid only for 15 days
- Besides Indian nationals, citizens of these countries can also avail this scheme – Bhutan, Andorra, Bulgaria, China (excluding Hong Kong and Macao), Cyprus, Ethiopia, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Maldives, Malta, Mauritius, Romania, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Taiwan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan
- You can also apply Online for Visa on Arrival. Here is the official link – https://extranet.immigration.go.th/voaonline/voaonline/VoaonlineAction.do You have to submit the print of your online visa on arrival application at the Immigration counter after your arrival in Thailand
- 48 Entry points including Suvarnabhumi International Airport (BKK), Don Muang International Airport (DMK), Chiang Mai Airport and Phuket Airport. Details of other entry points are here
Flights from India to Bangkok, Thailand
Documents required for Free Visa on arrival in Thailand
- Duly filled Visa application form (Get it from the visa on arrival counter)
- Hotel bookings or any other proof of accommodation in Thailand
- Confirmed return ticket within 15 days of your arrival in Thailand
- Passport size photograph (4 × 6 cm)
- Passport must be valid for at least 30 days at the time of applying for VOA. It is better if the passport has a minimum validity period of 6 months.
- Thai Currency (10,000 Baht per person or 20,000 Baht per family). Though generally debit/credit/foreign currency cards are accepted (as proof of means of leaving), a few passengers have been deported from Thailand or denied boarding for not having Thai Currency, so its better to keep Thai Baht before you leave for Thailand.
Get hotel confirmation without advance payment