Malaysia is another country in South-East Asia which is very popular among Indian tourists. The main reasons behind this are the availability of cheap flight tickets and ease of getting the visa. In this article, I am going to explain the procedure of getting a Malaysian tourist visa for Indians.
eNTRI Vs. eVisa? Read how to get eVisa to visit Malaysia ?
How to get Malaysian Tourist visa (eNTRI) online
There are two ways to get the visa online. First is E-visa and the second one is called eNTRI. During my visit to Malaysia, I opted for the eNTRI program. The process of getting the eNTRI note is so easy that anyone can do without paying to a travel agent. Now I am going to share the information on the steps to get the Malaysian tourist visa online through the eNTRI program.
eNTRI for Malaysia: Step by step guide
- Visit www.windowmalaysia.my. This is the official website of the Immigration Department of Malaysia
- Click ‘I am New – Apply’ box.
- Fill up the online form.
- After registering successfully the system will send an automatic email to activate your account
- Check your inbox and verify the account by clicking on the hyperlink ‘click here‘
- The system will take you to another page where you have to enter the registered email and password.
- Now Indians have got two options. Either apply for Malaysian ‘E-visa’ or enroll for Visa waiver program called ‘eNTRI’
- Opt for eNTRI
You’ll be needed to upload following things at this stage –
- Applicant’s photograph
- Scanned copy of Passport
- Flight booking in pdf
- Accommodation booking in pdf
- Fill up the online form and choose the payment method (Visa or Master) and click next
Online form – Lower part
- Agree to the ‘terms and conditions’
- On the next page, you may be asked to edit the image by using their online image editor tool. Confirm and continue.
- On the next page, make the payment
- Confirm and take the print out. This is the document which you will be required to produce at the Immigration counters while exiting India and entering Malaysia. Keep this note with you until you come back to India.
Visa Waiver program – eNTRI
- This is not Visa on Arrival. Therefore, the applicant should ensure that they hold a valid Malaysia eNTRI note before they travel to the Malaysia.
- This program is for Indians residing in India or abroad (except Singapore ), valid until 31st December 2018
- Processing Fee is USD 20 (approx 1300 INR), non-refundable
- eNTRI note is valid only for a single journey/trip not exceeding 15 days
- The purpose of your visit must be Tourism.
- No extension is allowed in case of eNTRI program
- Applicants must have a return flight ticket to India, Singapore, Thailand or Brunei
- Fill up the online registration form carefully. Applicant will be denied entry to Malaysia if any error/dispute is found in the information provided.
- Applicant can not re-enter Malaysia for the next 3 months using eNTRI program
- There are certain points through which an eNTRI applicant can enter or exit Malaysia. List is provided below
- Kuala Lumpur International Airport – (KLIA & KLIA 2)
- Penang International Airport
- Langkawi International Airport
- Melaka International Airport
- Senai International Airport, Johor
- Kuching International Airport, Sarawak
- Miri International Airport, Sarawak
- Kota Kinabalu International Airport, Sabah
- Labuan International Airport, Sabah
Travelogue : India to Malaysia by Malaysia Airlines
- Sultan Iskandar Building Immigration Checkpoint, Johor
- Sultan Abu Bakar Checkpoint, Johor
- Padang Besar Checkpoint, Perlis
- Bukit Kayu Hitam Checkpoint, Kedah
- Sungai Tujuh Immigration Checkpoint, Sarawak
- Tedungan Immigration Checkpoint, Sarawak
Additional eNTRI Registration Terms for Indian Nationals Tourist residing in India
- Applicant must enter Malaysia by a direct flight from India to Malaysia or may enter Malaysia via Singapore, Thailand and Brunei.
Additional eNTRI Registration Terms for Indian Nationals Expatriate residing outside India (excluding Singapore)
- Expatriates must declare their work information and specify their expatriate category such as Professional, Business or Technical during the eNTRI registration.
- Tourist must upload their long-term pass from the third country as proof.
5 days in Malaysia in 15,000 INR : A travelogue
Documents needed for Immigration in Malaysia
To avoid any hassles at the Immigration counters in Malaysia, every tourist should keep the following documents at the Entry / Exit counters :
- eNTRI note
- Boarding pass
- Sufficient expenses (Credit cards/ATM card/Cash)
- Complete travel itinerary
- Confirmed tickets for entry and exit from Malaysia
- Accommodation proof
Hotel & Flight comparer for Malaysia